who killed Laura Palmer? why did they kill her?
I'm hooked on heavy drugs, my dear diary. shall I call you diane too?
i'd like to begin by saying this first thing which might sound really odd, but when i saw officer Andy for the first time, I had this feeling that he awfully resembles Agent Reid, from Criminal Minds. Both are tall, skinny, golden brown hair. They have some kind of delay on responding to threat or to danger, they conquer and destroy by leaning on some social ackwardness but they're incredibly heart welcoming.
There is this scene where Andy fails to pull the trigger leading to Copper actually teaching him to build up his confidence to shoot, and eventually Andy simply saves the sheriff by shooting Jaques Renault on the shoulder, in a sort of like "hero's jorney mini plot". This EXACTLY same plot was aired in Criminal Minds. Reid had the exaclty same problem, which ultimately is a free way for us to read this as the level of masculinity in both characters are somehow off comparing to the law enforcement figure, a simbol of power, control, manhood.
As the whole narrative is unveiled, I had the feeling that part of the reasons behind Laura's murder somehow inspired part of the The Wire's fourth season. The way how Jean Renault smokes cigarretes is EXACLTY the way how The greek smokes his. Also the whole thing about having an international system of drug and human trafficking running in various families like a genetic code, connecting powerful men from all enterprises.
And the dreams. My favourite part. How the subconscious plays a particular but fundamental role in this TV show deeply intrigues me. the mystery that can never be really solved and yet HERE WE ARE. it is unique how Twin Peaks reassigns the power of intuition as some inexplicable tool towards "the truth", or part of the truth that matters at the moment. Which other TV show does this particular approach to dreams remind you of? Exactly: Sopranos. I guess it goes without saying that Sopranos did something extra or simply different, which was letting US have a peak of his analysis sessions with Dr. Melfi.
I loved absolutely loved the part of the UFO's and the Air Force's secret mission analysing paranormal (did I see something like that on Fargo?) activity while a wild beast had possessed Leland's body and also that other thing about Copper's late partner wanting revange. All this incredible trama of events and people, really orbiting around each other but never colliding and when they finally did oh my oh my, rest in real damn peace, David. I am particularly thankful for the part where there was a fucking GIANT handing Cooper all the tips to an extraordinary conclusion to everything.
Somehow and as a first I don't feel like I regret I didn't watch this earlier, because earlier I was watching ALL the cop TV shows that were apparently vastly inspired by Twin Peaks, and no matter that this is 2025, the reddit is full of people in awe by this achievement: presenting a TV production this timeless. (i'm one of them).
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário